In an effort to support faculty preparing to teach this fall – whatever it brings – we will be offering workshops throughout the summer. All workshops will be online, so you can join from anywhere you like!
We brainstormed topics, particularly more interesting tools to support student learning and engagement than we were able to explore in March due to the rapid pivot to online teaching. Here are some of our ideas:
- Engaging with online readings (Hypothesis)
- Participatory mini-blogs (Digital Connecticticut College, SPLOTs)
- Digital assignments (mapping, timelines, websites)
- Tools for building community (Flipgrid, social media)
- Creating video (informed practices for introductory videos and lecture recordings)
- Advanced videoconferencing tools (Zoom, Meet)
- Moodle Gradebook
- Online course resources (OER/open content, e-books and library databases)
What would you like to see? We want to create a schedule that meets your needs! Let us know in the comments or email us at email@example.com.