As we enter another semester that calls for flexibility in the classroom, the Instructional Technology team continues to support and promote a number of digital tools that increase student engagement in different learning modalities. These tools are always updating and changing access to their features, and so we will be posting a series of tool updates over the coming weeks to make you aware of important updates to some of our favorite tools. Posts will include descriptions of new features, limitations, and applications of these tools and also provide some examples for how you could use these tools in your classroom, whether virtual or in-person.
Curious to know more? Check out the highlights of our “2022 Tool Update Series” below and make sure to subscribe to Engage (if you haven’t already) to get all of the updates right in your email inbox.
- Flipgrid: accessibility features, enhanced mobile experience, recording features
- Google Meet: new Teaching and Learning features, host controls
- Jamboard: version history
- Kahoot: new restrictions to the free version, using premade Kahoots
- Padlet: new interfaces, file types, and drafting options
- Screencastify: interactive questions, file exporting, viewing analytics
- Socrative: new restrictions to the free version, access to new question types
- Thinglink: enhanced content creation options, expanded uses
- Zoom: advanced polling and quizzing, recording changes, presentation controls
Each tool will be covered in its own post, so stay tuned for more detailed information!