We are excited to announce that Zoom has made closed captioning available to all licensed Connecticut College users! This means that you can enable machine-generated captions or live transcripts for your Zoom meetings and online classes, and your participants can choose to make those features visible on their individual views. We highly encourage all meeting hosts to follow the steps below to enable captions and transcripts for all of your meetings. Captioning makes your meeting and classes more accessible to a wider range of participants.
To enable captioning in your meetings:
- Click Live Transcript in the your Zoom toolbar.
- In the pop-up window, click the Enable Auto-Transcription button
Once captions have been enabled by the meeting host, participants can turn captions on and off as desired and can also access a live transcript of the meeting.
Captions will turn on by default. To manage your caption or transcript view:
- Click the upward pointing arrow next to the Live Transcript button on the toolbar.
- Click Hide Subtitle to remove captions from view.
- Click View Full Transcript to enable the transcript panel on the right side of the Zoom window. (NOTE: The transcript will indicate which participant is saying each part of the transcript. This feature is often inaccurate.)
- Click Subtitle Settings to change the size of your caption fonts.